PG County’s ‘My Home II’ Program
In addition to the My Home program, Prince George’s County’s Department of Housing and Community Development (DCHD) also offers the My Home II $0 down and closing costs assistance program in certain parts of the County at specific times of the year. The My Home II program was last available from 9/1/2016 to 12/31/2016.
My Home II is only available to those seeking to purchase their first home in the zip codes of 20706, 20737, 20743, 20744, 20745, 20746, 20747, 20748, 20772, 20774, 20784, 20785. This program is very accessible to those wishing to purchase a home in PG County and strives to eliminate the largest obstacle to home buying – the down payment.
DCHC’s My Home program is built around a deferred payment Down Payment Assistance Loan (DPAL). The loan must be paid back in full when the home is sold or ownership is transferred, regardless of how long you have lived in the property. The home must remain your primary residence during the life of the loan.
Here’s what you will need in order to potentially use the My Home Down Payment Assistance Loans:
- You must earn UNDER 120% of the area Household Median Income for a household of your size. My Home II is designed to make home buying easier in the County’s more expensive zip codes.
- Income limits increase due to the size of your household
- Homes located in zip codes 20706, 20737, 20743, 20744, 20745, 20746, 20747, 20748, 20772, 20774, 20784, 20785 are eligible.
- You must work with a Real Estate Agent to help find & purchase a property, and must use a My Home Approved Lender in order to receive funds
- Any residential property is eligible, including Short Sales, Foreclosures and New Homes. There are special considerations for Foreclosure properties purchased within this program
- You may ‘borrow’ up to 20,000 for the down payment and closing costs. There is No Cap on home price for resales and new homes in qualifying zip codes.
- As the Buyer, you must be able to contribute 1.75% of the Purchase Price OR 50% of your liquid assets over $3,000 to Closing Costs (whichever is greater).