How My Home & My Home II Work For You
My Home & My Home II are designed to be a Prince George’s County home purchase program for those wishing to purchase a home in PG County. The program, when used properly, eliminates your Down Payment when you purchase a home or condominium.
These programs will work for you if you:
- Earn UNDER 80% of the Area Median Income (in My Home) or under 120% of the Area Median Income in certain zip codes
- Find a home or condo that qualifies for the Programs
- Have a Real Estate Agent and DCHC approved lender/mortgage professional to facilitate home purchase & financing.
If you meet the criteria above, then it makes sense for you to seriously consider using the My Home or My Home II programs. Each is relatively easy to apply for and use to pay your Down Payment, but you must be careful and complete all steps carefully.
The My Home & My Home II program by DCHC eliminates the down payment for you, creating a $0 down home purchase program that is easy to qualify for and use. However, it does not eliminate ALL costs related to buying a home or condo. You will still be responsible for Closing Costs on the home when you purchase, Loan Application fees, Home Inspection fees, and Appraisal fees. These are all typical costs related to ANY home or condo purchase in any city in the county.
Our Role in the My Home & My Home II Programs and how we help you:
- Our firm is a private DC & MD real estate brokerage based in the U Street Corridor. We are just over the border in DC. Our firm is a team real estate agents who love helping first time homebuyers, new County residents & those wishing to purchase in DC or PG County.
- It costs you no cash up front to use our Agents & expertise; if you find a home and qualify, we are paid a commission on the transaction just like any other real estate agent.
- Our agents are fully trained in My Home & My Home II program rules, qualifications, etc. Plus, if you do not initially qualify for My Home, we can still potentially help you. There are other privately offered financing programs and assistance that help make homebuying easy.
Want to get more information on My Home in a low pressure, interactive environment?
We offer free homebuyer workshops on periodic Saturday mornings, and sometimes during the week after work. During times when no homebuyer workshops are on the schedule, our agents are happy to meet with you one-on-one in person or via phone and email. Our current schedule is on our Facebook page or just email us at Info@UrbanLandCompany.com for more info.
Don’t hesitate to Contact Us with any questions – we are here to help you!